EC Project Funding How to successfully navigate tender submissions and grant applications with particular reference to EuropeAid
To maximise the potential scope of access to funding sources, Not-for-Profit Organisations (NPOs) should be proficient in writing both tender submissions and grant applications. This three day seminar provides a comprehensive overview of what is involved in both processes.
Unlike grants, tenders do not require a financial contribution from your organisation towards your project and generate a profit which can be used for the funding of future projects. It is not uncommon for consulting firms to approach NPOs to partner with in their areas of expertise for the submission of such tenders. In this workshop you will learn how these partnerships can work in practice and what is required from your organisation in such a partnership. You will acquire precious and field-tested know-how, developing an ideal foundation from which to successfully participate in EC tenders.
A standard grant application process can often involve two phases, the submission of a “concept note”; a concise but well thought through project description followed by a detailed project proposal complete with budget. This workshop will provide you with a detailed understanding of how to effectively complete both stages of such a grant application to maximise your organisation’s chances of success.
Objective & Target Group
In this workshop you will acquire valuable and well-proven knowledge and skills that prepare you to excel in the intensely competitive realms of requests for tenders and “calls for proposals”. You will learn how to effectively navigate each step in the process of drafting a successful tender submission or grant application while avoiding common pitfalls.
The target groups of this seminar are managers of organizations and/or projects who already participate in EC Project Funds and want to improve their rate of succes, intend to do so or are just interested in this subject.
- Clarification of terms
- Pros and cons of participating in tender submissions
- Phases in tender-participation
- Forecast: formation of consortium and reference projects
- Procurement Notice: Expression of Interest
- Shortlist and Terms of Reference
- Offer and key experts
- Financial issues and consortium-negotiations
- Agreements and contacts
- EC framework programs: what it is and how to participate in it
- Tenders by other organizations like ADA, World Bank, UN
- To dos:
- Expert Data Bank and CVs
- Project Data Bank
- Administrative documents
- regular check of websites
- Dr. Franz Kumpl
- Introduction to the EuropeAid programme
- Examining the “calls for proposals” process
- Concept note
- Full proposal
- Developing and designing a project
- How do I write a compelling concept note?
- How do I develop a convincing logical framework?
- What kind of work awaits me after my concept note was selected?
- Brief introduction to the full proposal and budget
This workshop will prepare you to successfully participate in the first phase of the grant application process (concept note and logical framework). If you are interested you could attend another workshop to examine in detail the second phase (full proposal and budget).
- Stefan Mielke
- How do I write a compelling full proposal?
- Expanding the concept note
- Describing activities
- Formulating methodology and sustainability
- How do I develop a corresponding budget?
- Examining the logic of the budget form
- Formulating budget lines
This workshop will prepare you to successfully participate in the second phase of the grant application process. If you are interested you could attend another workshop to examine in detail the first phase (concept note and logical framework).
- Stefan Mielke
- 3 Days
- 10:00 – 18:00
- Participant fee:
- € 970.00 excl. 19% VAT
€ 1154,30 incl. VAT per participant; for each additional participant from the same company, there is a discount of 10%. The participant fee includes participation in the seminar, confirmation of participation, seminar materials and refreshments.
If you have any further questions on our courses or the NPO-Academy in general, give us a call at +49 30 5200 43430 or contact us via e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.