How to write Fundraising letters that deliver great results
The fundraising letter sits at the heart of many charity’s income generation strategies. The best fundraising letters engage the audience immediately, connect on an emotional level and motivate them to give. The poorly written letters just get ignored and discarded. This fast-paced, fascinating course will show you exactly what you need to do to write powerful and persuasive appeal letters that get through, get read and get results.
In just two half-days, you will learn how to capture your audience’s attention, hold their interest and motivate them to give. You will gain expert insights into how people read content, what they see and what they miss, and you’ll learn how to use this knowledge to your advantage. You’ll learn how to structure your message, how best to phrase the ‘ask’, and how to apply emotional drivers to win hearts as well as minds.
Ziel & Zielgruppe
This masterclass course will guide you through every key stage of planning, writing and refining your appeal letter copy. By the end of two half-days of practical and applied learning, you will understand exactly what works best and what rarely works at all. You’ll leave with the capability and confidence you need to create or refine highly productive appeal letters for the benefit of your team, your organisation, and your beneficiaries.
This course is ideal for any fundraiser who is involved in briefing, writing or reviewing fundraising letter copy. It will give you valuable insights into the core principles of narrative structure, behavioural psychology, advanced persuasion techniques, and proven copywriting methodology.
- Writing by objective: the foundation of persuasive writing
- What goes on in people’s minds when they open a fundraising letter?
- Why 95% of fundraising letters are thrown away within 5 seconds
- How to capture your audience’s attention and hold their interest for longer
- How to avoid the biggest mistake most charities make when asking for donations
- Using emotional drivers to win hearts as well as minds
- The power of visual language and the easy way to use it into your writing
- What makes people want to help, support and donate to your cause?
- The importance of tone and language and how to get it right
- Does the length of your fundraising letter really matter and, if so, why?
- What type of headlines work best and why?
- Envelope messages: what works best creativity or clarity?
- The best-practice structure for a successful fundraising letter
- Where is the best possible place to put the “ask” and why?
- How to use statistics so they work for you, not against you
- How to sub-headings, images and captions work best
- Why your response device must not be boring
- More than 100 real-life fundraising copy examples reviewed with lessons learned
- Template for knowing whether your appeal letter will succeed or fail – before you send it
- EUR360,-- exkl. 19% USt.
€ 428.40 incl. VAT per participant; for each additional participant from the same company, there is a discount of 10%. The participant fee includes participation in the seminar, seminar materials, and confirmation of participation.
Sollten Sie Fragen zu diesem Kurs oder zu Fördermöglichkeiten haben, rufen Sie uns bitte unter +49 30 920 383 9994 an oder schicken Sie uns eine E-Mail an email@example.com. Wir freuen uns auf Ihre Kontaktaufnahme.